Last update 24/05/2022
TravelPerk Inc, TravelPerk, S.L.U., TravelPerk Ltd, TK Operations Ltd, Click Holdings Ltd, and Click Travel Ltd (together TravelPerk) make this statement jointly in compliance with section 54(1) of the UK Modern Slavery Act 2015.
TravelPerk offers corporate travel solutions through the online platforms www.travelperk.com and www.clicktravel.com.
TravelPerk’s successes are founded on a set of values. They are:
- Deliver a 7-star experience to our customers and our team - 5 star is your best, for 7 stars you have to go above and beyond.
- Impact over effort - we prioritise the actions that will have the greatest positive impact on our relationship with the end user.
- Be a good person - be humble, act ethically and assume good intent.
- We are a team - if you win, I win; if you lose, I lose.
We display these values prominently on our website, and they feature regularly in our internal communications.
Risks and diligence
TravelPerk’s business is reliant on third parties providing technology, inventory (such as transportation and accommodation) and other goods/ services needed for our business to run.
Working with other well-reputed organisations facilitates the provision of a 7-star experience to our customers; and we consider public actions in support of ethical practice to be a leading indicator of reputation and operational excellence. In this regard, we note that (for example) IATA, the International Air Transport Association, unanimously approved in 2018 a resolution denouncing trafficking in persons and provides continuous guidance and training materials to airlines. This resolution is mandatory to all IATA members including airlines and accredited agents like TravelPerk.
Business process outsourcing
Customer care is particularly important to our 7-star value proposition. TravelPerk cares about who and how customer care services are provided and selects, contracts, and verifies the provision and results of the services with due care. We select customer care providers according to country, cultural, and business criteria, including compliance with standard expressed in the Ethical Trading Initiative base code. Contractual agreements with outsourcing companies contain provisions we consider appropriate to support our compliance with the Modern Slavery Act (including compliance with our Supplier Code of Conduct - see ‘Actions’, below).
During the most recent financial year, we partially outsourced customer care activities to a company based in the Philippines. The Global Slavery Index ranks the Philippines with 55.8 points out of 100 (or “BB”) which means the country is in the upper half of the world classification, supports victims, and criminalizes modern slavery.
So as to assure TravelPerk and its stakeholders as to our supplier’s commitment to fair treatment of workers, TravelPerk’s managing representative paid personal visits to the outsourced facilities and confirmed, through interviews with relevant persons:
- every hire is subject to the presentation of a certificate of birth or other equivalent documentation, in order to verify age and ensure no one under the legal age is hired.
- all employees have the skills required for their jobs’ description, receive training, and can leave their jobs on 30 days’ notice.
- all employees are free to associate (i.e. create or join unions) and be part of collective deals.
- the facilities are safe and hygienic as attested by the providers, checked personally by TravelPerk’s staff, and subject to public control by the Government of the Philippines’ Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE).
- working hours are compliant with the law and consist with DOLE’s minimum standard eight hours work plus one hour mandatory break.
- living wages are pre-agreed and over the national legal standard.
- the providers have put in place anti-discrimination measures and policies.
- there are internal rules, policies and procedures against inhumane treatment and abuse in the working environment.
Actions taken / staff training
Referring back to our values, ethics matter to TravelPerk. In addition to the specific controls we list above, among other actions to support a positive ethical environment, we:
- verify compliance among employees with our code of conduct and business ethics, using culture.ai.
- promote channels for stakeholders to ‘blow the whistle’ on matters of unethical or illegal conduct.
- promote positive working culture among our suppliers through our Supplier Code of Conduct, which incorporates standards with regard to human rights, working conditions and ethical behaviour.
TravelPerk continually reviews its Supplier Code of Conduct to strengthen its requirements and implementation. We will continue to review our anti-slavery policies, obligations and processes to ensure they are fit for purpose.
This statement sets out the steps TravelPerk has taken to prevent acts of modern slavery and human trafficking from occurring in its business and supply chain during the financial year ending December 31, 2021.
TK Operations Ltd.
Click Holdings Ltd.
Click Travel Ltd.
Approved by TravelPerk, Inc Board of Directors on 3 May 2022
in relation to the financial year ending 31 December 2021